#travelogue - Kerala Day 2

 

the team. pic credit: Deial

02 March, 2022

Today was “Ponmudi Day.” We all set to the hill viewpoint early (like 8:30-9:00 am) with Prasad uncle and Molamma aunty. Breakfast was Porota and Beef from any hotel we encountered on the way. The food was all we needed to light our moods instantly after the car rocked our butts on a rocky kaccha road for miles. After that, we set out again to complete the interrupted mission. Hilly area that it was, the roads were full of turns. I critically accessed my dad’s driving skills that day. He had to increase and decrease the speed several times and he did it so effortlessly, without a single flaw.

Breakfast !

After about an hour (max), we reached the destination. The view was incredible. It was truly a sight to see. God’s creation at its best. God must be watching this place up from heaven every day, I thought. We spent sometime on the hilltop trying the wrestle the wind and click some photos. I don’t know how to calculate the speed of wind, but that wind was so strong that I could’ve flown away. Our caps were at stake so I tied mine to my head. With that wind, my hair looked straight. Tears forced itself out and our noses started to run as well. Soon, the ladies busied themselves to talk and settled themselves down on a rock, a few meters below the hill point. The men were no less. So, me and Amanda tried to perfect our photography skills. We laughed in between and then fought and then patched up again. Then we slowly climbed down. At the foot of this hill everything is fine, normal. After clicking a group pic, we walked around to explore the area. We found that there is a canteen, a washroom facility, a spice store, a garden, and a sculpture in the property. They serve tea and puris.



the view towards the mountain top
our team




me tying my cap to my head








one of my favourite moment where mom and dad were making the best use of being together for a vacation 
beautiful sculpture


We got tired of that place soon enough when we felt that the place was not worth of all those hours of travelling. So, we left for another location about 37kms away – Neyyar Dam. We followed google maps and arrived at the destination after another hour of travelling. 

Neyyar Dam was huge. The Dam has four shutters and two small shutters at the sides were open. The water gushed through the criss-crossed hole and was under that turban. Thn it flowed out through a canal. Many fishes would die in this process which caused a stench when it flowed. We looked so tiny in front of the shutters. I made few videos to explain Krishna and Rohan what a Dam is and how it looks. We fed our phone storage with memories of the moment and then set for lunch.


a river that flows into Neyyar Dam

The Dam from a side view

ladies of the day!

me and my sister :)

this is the canal of the big shutters 










the BIG shutters. Mostly it is open during the monsoons only. 
         












By afternoon, I was tired of the extreme physical excursion  – walking up and down the stairs, running around, sitting in a car that takes too many twists and turns, etc. my head felt heavy and I wanted to throw up.  We had food from a hotel. Kuzhi Mandhi was their special. Its something that they cooked in a hole (in the mud) and thus the name Kuzhi, but it just looked like pulao and chicken. We also tasted coconut ice cream after that.

The next destination was home. We reached home after another few kilometers of traveling. We slept early because the next day was with another package of traveling and visiting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#ECMTC 2

21!

The Precious Marble