Memory-van

Memory-van

poem by Deial Johnson


 Sometimes, I travel to the past

While still awake

On my vehicle named ‘memory’,

This wonderful journey I make.

 

I see everything that once was seen

And hear everything that once was heard;

Live life the way I would’ve lived

Break some rules that were once revered.

 

I travel to a place where I am

Forever young

And I sing every song

That remains unsung.

 

The still smiles in the photo-frame

Turns to cheerful laughter

And I long to be there-

Forever and ever.

 

Yet, in this journey to the past

Travels only my soul;

With my body,

My vehicle won’t move!


I'm going to travel the past

As often I can

And I wish I could take you too

In my memory-van!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#ECMTC 2

21!

The Precious Marble