Hyderabadi memories..

pix taken by Deial Johnson of the music team leading praise and worship at the venue.
- Deial Johnson


The National Annual General body Meeting (AGM) of the Union of Evangelical Students of India (UESI) held at Hyderabad was an exciting one for me. It offered many ‘first-time’ experiences in my life. It was this trip in my life that I travelled by train for the first time without my parents, the first time I saw the Dudhsagar falls, the first time I ever was in Hyderabad. I made so many friends there in 3 days- first time. The venue, Ashirwad Global Centre for Learning, Ghatkeskar, located in the state of Telangana was very refreshing, beautiful and well maintained. Food served at the site was tasty. The climate there was moderate  with occasional showers of rain. The streets looked very pale and dusty.  

 ICEU is a campus ministry and it is present in every state in India. A representative from each state was supposed to participate in this annual meeting. However, many people there were Telugu-speaking.  I found the language there like a mixture of all the south Indian languages; mostly similar to Tamil and Kannada. I was happy to be with the music team during their prolonged practices which got over a few hours after midnight. In a short time I found myself giving in suggestions for a better piece. Here it was the first time I ever played the bass guitar. I felt so lucky.. 

AGM was a place to learn many things. I learned a few though. I was amazed at efforts taken for this ministry. Many educated persons who had a fixed job have resigned for this. They had a burden for the unreached students in our nation. The theme for this years meet was ‘Watch and Pray’. Bro. James Ratnaraj, a dedicate man of God, encouraged the gathering from the Bible every evening and morning sessions.

Altogether, 26th July to 29th July was an amazing part of my life that I will cherish forever. I'm never going to forget this family. It was a blessing to be with such a big family from different regions and backgrounds and yet united in the blood of Christ Jesus. Amen!


Comments

  1. Great work..😘
    Indeed it was a blessed journey. I personally was so blessed to see ur energy and enthusiasm to make new friends. 😊
    Continue to be a blessing wherever u go.. 💗😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#ECMTC 2

21!

The Precious Marble